Saturday, June 18, 2011

We just got back from having family pictures taken and a party and Nana and Papa's house afterwards. We were all surprised at how well the picture process turned out. Fpr having a 3 year old and a 6 month old it was not nearly as painful as past experiences. It did not start out that way. I started preparing them in the car. Telling them that they needed to listen to the photographer, look at the camera, don't worry about what your brother is doing, you know the drill. Michael agreed to all the terms and as soon as we got there he was put to the test. She asked Michael to come around to the front and then everything we talked about went out the window. Now, I have been around this block far too many times to let him win this battle. I took him in my arms, looked him right in the face and in a stern voice told him that if he wanted to go to Nana and Papa's and swim, he better do what he is told and take a good picture. He knew I meant business and from then on, was the best of the group. If she asked him to put his hands on his lap, that is where they went. If she asked him to smile, he smiled. It was awesome! Even Jacob did pretty well, though he could hardly sit up on his own and looked like he was about to fall asleep. Jacob is so chubby we had to keep pulling his shirt down over his belly.
The color scheme I picked turned out darling and everyone look so cute together. Now, of coarse, I haven't seen the pictures yet, and I know a few of my kids still have those awkward smiles, but that is who they are and I am just excited to have a family picture with all my kids in it!
All the stress leading up to today was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment