Sunday, June 12, 2011

Movie Madness

I have been sick for the past few days, Connor passed on his cold thank you. Coughing, tired, sneezing, the whole bit, but there is no time to slow down because I can't let my kids have a bad summer break. They won't let me forget last years summer vacation when they spent most of it in the basement "playing quietly so mom could rest". (I don't have the best pregnancies and unfortunately my kids suffer for it.)
Friday I had planned to take the kids to the dollar theater, (It really cost $1.50 so I don't know why we still call it the dollar theater?) and even though I was feeling awful, I wasn't going to let them down. Besides, we need to practice for the real deal when we go see Cars 2! (Michael has yet to sit through a whole movie.) Connor was still not feeling great and was sweet to be willing to stay home with Jacob. So it was off to see "How to Train Your Dragon" with the 3 middle boys. Michael was so excited to go and even remembered having to leave the last movie that we saw at this theater early, because he would not stay in his seat. I was sure this time would be great! We got to our seats and as soon as I sat down I was exhausted. I told Nathan that he needed to help keep an eye on thing, because I didn't know if I could stay awake.
Well, things went well for about the first 1/2 hour. Then Michael had to go to the bathroom. That went fine, but then he ate popcorn. You see, he does a fine job chewing popcorn, but when it comes to swallowing, well, he doesn't. He came to me and spit out his popcorn in a napkin in my hand and was told not to eat anymore or we would have to go home. I had told him a few times to stay in his seat or we would have to go home and his answer to every request was, "Oh, okay, okay!", and he would quickly sit back down. Then it happened. He ate more popcorn, got out of his seat a few more times and I was beyond exhausted at this point. He came to me to spit out his popcorn and I gave him a napkin to do it himself. Instead he decided to spit it out on me! It was disgusting and I was done. I grabbed him and told the kids we were leaving and headed up the isle and through the heavy double doors. I stopped and asked Nate and Matt if they would like to stay and finish the show and I would be out in the car with Michael. Michael was not happy to see them go back in and be going back to the car. I buckled him in and we sat and waited for the boy. It was only about 15 minutes and the boys came right to the car like they were told. I am sure we will go see Cars 2 with Michael, but at least I will have John with me and hopefully I won't be sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment