Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nathan's Special Date

I took Nathan out for his "special day" today. Every month we try to take the kids out individually on the "day" they were born. Nathan was born May 10th and I wasn't feeling well enough to take him last friday (June 10) so we had to hold off until today. All Nathan wanted to do was go to the Mall and get a pretzel. I thought that was so cute. We try to do these dates so that we can be with the boys, alone, and really get to know who they are. I always try to teach them a little something about being a good date, boyfriend, father or husband. Today it realy came through. I reminded Nathan that he should hold the door for a lady and as we were leaving the mall he ran ahead and held the door for me. It made me smile and I felt very proud to be his mom.
I look forward to these special days and miss them when we just can't make them happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment