Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One day away from disaster!

Lately I have felt like I am running in a race that I will never win, or even finish for that matter. I feel like I have so much on my plate and nothing is getting done. Even now, I have to stop and go take care of the baby!

30 minutes later, 2 types of formula tried, and spit up all over me, here I am trying to finish my thoughts.

I feel like I am drowned in paper, laundry, dishes and obligations. Today I got a phone call from some one asking if I would be able to help someone else's son work through Scouts and I had to say no. I mean, I am having a hard enough time helping my own kids with one working on Webelos and one working towards his Eagle. I guess I just have a hard time being made to feel like I am letting yet one more person down. I can only do so much and right now, that is not a whole lot!
I thought I was getting better (health wise), but as the day went on yesterday, I got sicker and sicker! I can not be sick, we have family pictures on Saturday! The kids need clothes, and haircuts. It is the quilt Shop Hop this weekend and Matthew wants to go with me. I haven't been to see the Parade of Homes, and I am teaching a class on meal planning at a RS retreat on Friday! Nathan keeps asking me to help him with things and I finally had to tell him to make a list so that when I am feeling better I can work on it. What was I thinking? I can't even get to my list!
I feel like I just need a week off from everything! Even an extra day. I asked John if we could have a "pass" one Sunday where we get all the things done that we haven't been able to get done the rest of the week. Just once! I know that wouldn't solve everything.
Am I the only one that feels this way? Why is life so stressful and crazy? I just want to be healthy, and enjoy the summer with my kids and not always feel like I and one day away from disaster.
Well, I guess it is safe to try to go to sleep now. I think Jacob is finally settled and my coughing should be dieing down. Maybe it will be all better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment