Monday, June 20, 2011

Shop Hop

I love the quilting Shop Hop, but this year there was so much going on that weekend that I was not going to try and sqeeze it in. Last year I took 2 days and Nathan, Matthew, Michael and I hit every store from Springville to Brigham City, to Tooele and back. We hit 15 stores and the boys had a blast! They loved playing the games, getting there card stamped, and collecting the small squares of material at each shop. They talked about the quilt that we would make together with all their new fabric treasures. It was a dream! So when Matthew came to me asking when we were going, I couldn't turn him down.
We only went to 4 shops total, but those few hours were so much fun, just the two of us (and my friends Mary Lyn and Amy that we met at Whimsy Cottage). Matthew and I searched for pirates, answered riddles, and played games. We went to his favorite shop, Quilts, Quilts, Quilts, etc. and ate treats and tried to win at the spy glass toss game. I needed to be back to the house by 5 and didn't make it back until 5:30. Matt wanted to go to more shops and I was so sad that we could not spend more time together. John called at one point and said he knew I wasn't feeling well, but Matt would remember this for the rest of his life. I knew that this would be special for him, but I think I got the most out of the day.
I love spending time with my kids one on one and really getting to know them better. I will always remember the Shop Hops with my boys. I am so lucky to have these great guys that want to spend time with me, doing things that we both enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment