Monday, June 13, 2011

I just got back from my sister's house in Bountiful. She is moving to Peru in August, so We have been trying to spend time together as much as we can before she goes. We decided our time would be best spent at her home, as she is in the middle of packing an entire house of belongings and memories. I picked up Baja Salads at Thanksgiving Point for us and dropped the kids to my mom's so that we could eat, talk and go through her cedar chest of memories. It was crazy to see all the work she has done and all the work she has left to do before the movers come in 3 weeks. The hour that I set aside went so fast that I had to call my mom and ask for more time. We spent the first 45 minutes eatting, talking and looking at all the wonderful things she bought to decorate her large appartment.
The best part of the day was looking through the treasures that were kept in the cedar chest. We sat and dug through the toys that she had saved from her childhood and let me play with when I was little. It was so crazy,I always thought these toys were mine! I just had a wonderful sister that let me play with her toys and create fabulous memories of my own with them. My sister is 16 years older than me, but we are so much alike that I feel the closest to her. I will miss her terribly when she moves. I broke into tears when she told me about the move. I know that this will be such an amazing experience for them, but I am selfish and wish she could stay.
I am sot grateful for the 2 hours that we were able to spend together today. I will cherish them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment