Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekly Update 4-2-2012

What did you find?
Pack meeting



Crazy kids
Coloring eggs


Nate with his eggs and missing tooth


Connor –Connor was thrilled to be able to meet his friends at the church and have the Nerf Gun fight this week. He and John attended Men’s Conference at our stake building and then drove to Salt Lake to meet up with Brennan and Jerry at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Thursday was Connor’s cardiology appointment. It went great. There were no problems with his heart and everything that our pediatrician told us was reiterated by the cardiologist. He does have Vasovagal that can be kept under control with plenty of sleep, water and getting up slowly. Connor has been working on his second movie and has been trying to get it on YouTube all weekend. He is hoping to get it up in the next few days.

Nathan – This was a busy week for Nate. Tuesday, John missed the bus, so I asked Nathan if he would feel comfortable making dinner so I could go pick him up. I had already put the meatballs together, he just needed to put them in a pan, make the sweet and sour sauce and pour it over the top, stick it in the oven and set the timer. He did great! I was so proud of him. Wednesday was pack meeting, and Nathan received his Webelos and a handful of other awards. He has some great scout leaders that work very hard to help them get things done. Nathan’s tooth was super loose and he wanted to pull it out with his electric Lego car he made. That didn’t go too well so he ended up twisting it out in the bathroom while we watched. He wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking for a raise. I don’t think that went over too well. He got the normal dollar.

Matthew – Matthew started soccer practice this week and had his first game on Saturday. Unfortunately, we slept in and Matthew missed his first game. I don’t think he really cared, in fact, Tuesday after practice he said he didn’t want to do soccer anymore. I told him that if he could pay me half the money back than he could quit. “I guess I’ll keep playing until I get that much money” was his reply.

Michael – Michael’s week was relatively uneventful. Not too many play dates. He did have fun at school and came home on Tuesday and told me that “If there is a fire, you call 911.” He then showed me how to stop, drop and roll after school on Thursday. I just love his preschool. He comes home and repeats nursery rhymes, sings the ABC song, and surprises me with knowing his colors and numbers.

Jacob – Busy baby Jacob. This kid is all over the place. He not only walks everywhere, but is now practically running! He loves to look at books and walks around with a pen and something to pretend that he is writing on. He will suddenly stop and it will look like he is writing notes. It is pretty cute. Jake found the almost empty chocolate cake container from Connor’s Birthday FHE in the recycle bin. He also found out that it still had flakes of chocolate in it.

For family night last week, I asked the kids to write down a question that they would like to see answered during conference. I was amazed at what they wrote down. Connor-How do I keep myself spiritually balanced in places like school? Nate-How do I keep a habit of reading the scriptures? And, What is a good way to say “No” to a friend without insulting them? Matthew-How can I do good things when I don’t know about the place I am at? We put them in an envelope and read them for family night tonight and discussed what we learned. It was a really neat experience.
Wednesday John and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary at pack meeting, how romantic! We decided to go out Friday, and after waiting way too long for Michael to go “potty” we only had time to grab a burger at JCW’s before our 9:45 show, Mirror Mirror. It was darling and it is crazy to think that we have been married for 15 years!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Miss you. Your boys are getting so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 15 years. It's hard to believe that much time has past. I will always remember my green dress with lace-y ruffles around the collar. Thank you 90's! I'm glad I've learned to do my hair since then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I have that family picture hanging in my closet. It scares me to tell you the truth. Remember Jon's painted on eyes.

      Delete