Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Update 4-30-2012

Beautiful flowers from a beautiful friend
 Crazy kid!
 Getting ready for the race the night before
 My fun runners
 The 5k runners
Michael couldn't wait to race with the cow! 
 On your mark...
Boys with their "Piston Cups". 
 After we found Nate, he was just too quick!
 My 3rd place runner!
 Silly Head!
 John loves to work in his yard!
 Caught in the act. I hate when he "trims" the trees, and he knows it!
 Trying to add more storage. The kids are testing it out
 Making rock crystal candy

 Yep, you are being naughty!
 Baby-zilla stricks again!

Eating Mom's salsa and loving it!


We did it! We ran the Thanksgiving Point 5k and Kid Fun Run on Saturday. I was able to run just over a mile before having to walk and then ran off and on. I loved feeling the burn, but my knees were totally killing me by the end. John did great with a time of 31:18 and beat his time from last year, which was his goal for this race. He wants to be able to do a 5k in under 30 min and I am sure he will if he continues to train. We went out to dinner that night and then out for yogurt with our friends, the Ryan’s. Thursday was my Oncology appointment and all went well with that (See previous post). I implemented a “no media week” this last week and it was wonderful for me! The kids didn’t ask once if they could play and I didn’t have to hear fighting about whose turn it was, etc. For Family Night we did our treat on Sunday and made rock crystal candy that will be ready next week (if it works), then Monday Nate read us a poem that he wrote about the first vision to pass off his faith in God award. The boys then went to the Garden again to run around and get tired before coming back home to bed. We did our “Cheer you on” before the lesson and again Jakey loved it!

Connor – Connor did amazing in the 5K. His time was 27:40, pretty impressive if you ask me. We lost him right at the beginning and didn’t even get to start with him. He was pretty tired after and very sore. Connor was nice enough to start the Kids Fun Run race with Michael until John could catch up with Jake in the stroller. Connor just came up with his tooth in his hand. Connor has lost 17 teeth now and has only pulled out 2 on his own. Yep, I have pulled 7 and the dentist has pulled 8. Connor was not happy about the no media week, but I do think he enjoyed jumping on the tramp and hanging out with his brothers a little more than he would have, had he had media.

Nathan – Totally impressed with Nate at the Race. He chose to do the Fun Run (because it was cheaper, he is my little financially thoughtful boy, sometimes to a fault) and got 3rd place in his age group! Nate got a trophy and a metal! Nathan has a biography report to do at school. It is the wax museum project one and he has chosen Jim Hensen. He has spent the last few weeks reading about him, making puppets and getting things ready for his report that is due later next month.

Matthew – Matt did great at the race and ran right along with Michael, John and Jake. They came in just over 15min, about 5 minutes after Nathan. Matt has been going to his friend Owen’s to play this week and has been practicing soccer with him. He spends a lot of time outside and is really starting to get a nice little tan.

Michael – My little racer! He ran the whole time and if there would have been an award for the 3 year olds, he would have gotten 1st place! Unfortunately, he was in the 6 and under bracket and came in 42. Michael was so happy to get a metal, and he called it his Piston Cup! Later that night Michael told me that he needed medicine because his body hurt all over. I knew exactly how he was feeling! Michael has been asking all week about when he gets to play with the girls again (Hallee and Addie). Michael played with Keaton as much as he could this week and we even got to eat dinner with their family twice this week, once at their house and again at ours on Sunday.

Jacob – This crazy kid is so busy all the time. He loves to go down the stairs, sneak the remote or phone and push the buttons and empty the recycle bin. He still likes to sit on stuff and is now climbing onto things to sit on, like toys and boxes. He likes to watch “Signing time” and has picked up baby, all done, and of course eat! That is his favorite and will run over to the cabinet where we keep his food and sign “eat”. We found out on Sunday that Jacob loves mom’s salsa. I will have to make a double batch from now on so we can all get what we want of it! Jacob is getting very smart and will fold his arms when we say it’s time for a prayer and if I say it’s time to say nigh night everybody, he will go to the shelf that we keep the pacifiers and reach for one. He will then walk to his room, get his blanket if he can and wave. Love that kid. This is one of my favorite ages and I look forward to feeling better soon so that I can enjoy it more.

I am going in for a blood transfusion this Wednesday. I am hopeful that I can get feeling better very soon. This illness has really put a strain on my family and marriage lately and I really need to get back on my feet before everyone gives up on me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment