Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekly Update 4-23-2012

We had another crazy fun week. Pinewood derby, more doctor appointments for me, fun with friends, Soccer game, birthday party, Fireside, date night at Walmart, and family night at Thanksgiving point gardens.

Connor – Connor has been my number one helper through all that I have been going through. Not that the other boys haven’t been helpful, but Connor has really stepped up and tends the kids, gets them to bed and takes care of thing (including me) when he is asked and even when he’s not. He is enjoying the jumping and climbing that he does every chance he gets. Connor told me a few things he is struggling with right now and I hope that John and I can be a better example to him and what he needs.

Nathan – The Pinewood Derby was Wednesday and again it ended in tears. Nathan’s car didn’t even make it over the finish line. He was devastated and had to be consoled several times. (I hate the pinewood derby.)

Matthew – Matt got to go to Zach’s Birthday party on Saturday and had a great time with his friends. He also had a soccer game on Saturday, and after John told him he would give him a dollar if he would kick the ball, Matthew looked like he finally woke up and even kicked the ball. Twice!   

Michael – Today I got to take Peter Pan to the doctor, the hospital and even Thanksgiving Point Garden. Michael loved all the attention he was getting in the costume and even felt let down when someone didn’t mention that he was Peter Pan! Michael has so much fun at the Gardens tonight playing with Hallie and Addie Ryan, our pediatrician’s kids. He even said after we got home, that he wanted to “…go on a ride at Disneyland with him, cuz he’s my doctor.” He wants to go on Haunted Mansion with him. Too funny. He just might change his mind next time we go in and he has to get a shot. haha

Jacob – This little monkey had a fun day today too. Michael wanted him dressed up as well so Jacob got to be Eeyore. Jacob spent most of the day in the stroller at the doctor, hospital and garden. He did get out and sit on the grass with Mike and Meg while I did cartwheels and front and back walk overs with Hallie. Jakey got his finger smashed in the big heaven door at the deli and luckily we brought out doctor with us to look at it. Haha It was fine, just sore. Jacob has gotten to be such a good little walker and runner. He loves to run up to the stand at church and have Connor or I chase after him. I was exhausted after church!! Jacob has also learned to go down the stairs. Life just got a little harder for all of us!Jacob loves to be outside and rode the lion bike around the whole block last Friday.

Well, I have been to the doctor once more and the Hospital twice. Last weekend I had an ultrasound at Timpanogos Hospital to check my stomach for anything out of the ordinary. They found a cyst and a large vein wrapped around my uterus that they will not do anything with until it is really causing pain. The blood tests show that my thyroid is normal but my WBC, RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit are now all low. I have an appointment with an oncologist this Thursday and we will discuss the upcoming bone marrow biopsy. I went into the doctor today because I have been having difficulty breathing. That is when they sent me back to the hospital for a blood test to see if I had any blood clots, which came back negative. So I was given a steroid and inhaler to help with it. I will pick it up tomorrow.
Our home teacher came on Sunday and I asked if he would help John give me a blessing. I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life.
I finally got to pick up my dress that I ordered from Thistles (my new favorite store) and got to have our Easter Sunday picture on the porch. I missed last week and Easter Sunday was fast offerings so Connor didn’t get home until after everyone had changed. I love the picture so much that I made it into my new debit card.
Someone stool our credit card and charged over $600 on it. John is trying to get it resolved, but it is so frustrating and I don’t know how it happened. I have the card so it has to be someone that copied it or stole it from some site. Ugh! As if we need one more thing to deal with right now.
John went to the Doctor today to have a physical and get his thyroid checked. He had given the diagnoses a few years back that he has a thyroid issue and has not followed through with treatment, so along with me this year, John is going to get his health in order and we are all going to be better for it.

Derby Day


Going down?
Outside fun!


Dressing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment