Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekly Update 4-9-2012

Reading corner

Poor John

"My Boys"
Preschool


Neighborhood hunt

Not good!
Happy Easter!





Tyler was so sweet with Jakey

Found one!
Dax

Grandma serving Jello shots, lol

We had a fun week. Pampered Chef party, RS Recipe Exchange, Visiting teachers, Egg hunt (pick up), Boutique at Brittany’s, helping at preschool, Frozen Yogurt with Burr’s, Dinner with our kids pediatrician and his wife, Shoe shopping for all 5 kids and a fun boutique for me, and of course, Easter!!! I have been really trying to do more and try to feel better. I am just pushing through the fatigue and taking one nap a day. Let’s hope things go well this week for Spring Break!

Connor – Today Connor was ordained a Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood. John gave him a wonderful blessing and the boys all were pretty quiet during the prayer. I am so proud of the man that Connor is becoming and am grateful for the friends and leaders that he has in our ward. Connor has been trying to post his second YouTube video and has had nothing but problems. We don’t know if it it’s the computer or the program, but he has been working hard on it for over a week now. So hopefully this week he can get it up!
Nathan – I ordered free Jello egg mold (plus 2.99 SH EACH!) and they came in the mail this week. THe kids were excited to make them and Nate and Matt were my big helper. We made them Saturday night and brought them to Grandma’s party. Nathan loved the new shoes that I picked out for him and the polo shirt in his Easter basket was a big hit! I did feel bad though. Nathan was the “Redheaded Stepchild” of the family when it came to Easter outfits today. He didn’t have one thing new because I thought we had everything he needed and the one thing that I did have didn’t end up working. Way to go mom!
Matthew – Matt had a little Easter party at school Friday and came home with a darling basket that he made. Thursday was the neighborhood egg hunt and Michael and Matthew were the only ones that wanted to go. They had a great time and saw a lot of their school friends. Matt and Nate also did their own egg hunt in the basement. They made little Lego sets, took them apart, put them in eggs and hide them around the basement.
Michael – “My boys are my broders, and this is my BIG family!” Michael also says, “What the heck?” and it makes me giggle every time. I was able to help at Michael’s Easter party at school on Thursday. Jacob and I helped hide eggs for the kids in Miss Wendy’s backyard. Earlier this week John and I could smell something melting, like when a plastic lid falls in the dishwasher. Come to find out, Michael threw one of Jakey’s play balls in the entry way light and it melted and almost caught FIRE!
Jacob – Jacob is so funny when it comes to nap time. When he is tired, he will start waving, because we will tell him to “say goodnight everybody” and wave as he is heading to bed. He also did it today as I walked out of RS. I made Jacob and book corner in the family room and he will sit there and look through his books over and over. After Mark put his hat on Jacob on Christmas I knew I needed to get him one. I found one for him to wear with his Easter outfit and he looks so cute!
Poor John. He was “multitasking” on Tuesday and accidently flooded the master bathroom. I was not home when it happened but saw the aftermath and it was pretty bad. John was doing a pretty good job of beating himself up about it, so I really didn’t need to get mad. I did decide to get a little upset when he came up from downstairs with a piece of drywall paper in his hand. It had seeped through the floor and to the ceiling of the boys’ room. I was not happy. John sent himself to sleep on the couch down stair, only because he used heaters to dry the carpet in our room and it felt like a sauna! The boys’ room stinks from the wet drywall and I am working on getting that replaced. Ugh! Thank heavens for savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment