Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekly update 4-17-2012

Spring Break just about did me in this year! I figured we needed to have some fun so on Wednesday my niece Natalie and her son Dax came and spent the night. After she attended a short meeting we went to the Living planet Aquarium with the rest of Utah County. It really was fun and I am so grateful that Natalie thought to ask if she could stay with us. That night I had 3 of the Duggars come out to sleep over and spend some time with the kids. After the kids stayed up past midnight (Jacob woke up screaming a few times too), Michael flooded the basement bathroom and the kids continued to fight, I decided that the “play date” needed to end an hour earlier. I don’t think I was quite ready to have that much commotion after having the kids home all week. I ended up relaxing with a little retail therapy. When I returned home Jacob was still acting pretty sick and I thought for sure he had an ear infection. Took him to the doctor only to find out it was just the flu. Ugh! John and I went to dinner with the Ehat’s and had a great time. Saturday was my quilt class and then a 31 event. I was texting a friend on the way home, pulling over every few minutes (I don’t text and drive) and just started crying. Then I started bawling! I could not stop and started hyperventilating (because I could not get a good deep breath) and just about passed out! I had no idea why I was such a mess and cried off and on the rest of the night. I think I have just been keeping everything in for so long, tried to be “fun Mom” for my kids and didn’t do such a great job at that, and just couldn’t keep it together. Sunday, after getting ready and being able to listen to Connor’s blessing, I stayed home with Jakey while John took the boys to church and got some need rest. Monday’s family night activity was going to Thanksgiving Garden for the Tulip Festival and rolling down the big hill. Matt brought his soccer ball that we kicked around a little too. Connor – Connor had a pretty neat Sunday. He got his Patriarchal Blessing. John and I were able to attend and listen to the amazing promises that he was given, if he continues down the path that he is taking. He is such an amazing boy and is growing into a fantastic young man. We gave him an Old Spice gift set so that he can now smell like a man too. That was the silly gift. We gave him a CTR ring to remember the amazing month that he has had with becoming a teacher and getting his blessing. Connor has gotten some great responses on his latest YouTube video “Doritos fixes everything” and that makes him very happy. Connor has been a great sitter for his brothers this past week and I really appreciate all that he does for me and all of us! Nathan – So the song by Cake came on the radio tonight that says, "I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket." Nate then says, "I want a pretty girl." I love that kid! Nate preformed in the Hope of America in Provo. He did a great job and it was fun to be able to sit and actually watch the whole thing. It was just John, Matthew and I, and Connor stayed home to tend Michael and Jake. Nate spent Spring break sleeping in and watching movies in his room. We found a video that he had made back at Christmas time of him lip syncing to “Once there was a snowman”. We about wet our pants watching it and ended up posting it on YouTube so Nana and Papa could see it too. John and Nathan have been working on his Pinewood Derby car and we get to see it race tomorrow! Matthew – Tuesday Matthew took his turn being sick and was throwing up, spending time on the bathroom floor and in front of one of the little TV’s watching Harry Potter. It was over by the end of the day and we were able to get on with our holiday. Matthew was cute, wanting to go to the Hope of America with us. The program had not even started and he was already asking if it was over. After they sang a song about the meaning of the Red, White and Blue, Matt leaned over and said, “I wonder why they chose the colors red, white and blue for the flag.” To which I replied, “Matthew, they just sang a whole song about it!” Michael – I love when kids say words wrong. When Michael wants dessert, he will ask if he can have “rassert” and when he wants to play computer, it’s the “raputer”. Michael was a mess last week with the boys home all the time. He wanted them to play with him and when they didn’t want to, he would throw a fit! Michael’s best friend was gone all week so there was no chance for a break even from him! Friday morning Michael flooded another toilet. This time it was the basement and it was about an inch deep! I was not happy. Luckily he is doing a lot better after I gave him the “squirt up the bum” stuff and liquid stool softener. Monday he did get to play with Keaton and even got to go to Keaton’s Great-Grandma’s and ride “4 liller” (4 wheelers). Jacob –Poor Jakey was waking up screaming from naps, at night, and so I thought for sure he was sick with an ear infection. I had talked to my friend Jami whose son was having the same symptoms and took him into our doctor only to find out his ears were fine and it was just the flu that my kids had had. Well, how dumb did I feel when I went in at the end of the week, only to find out that it was what Lincoln had! Ugh! I just love paying $25 to find out that my kids will be fine after a few days. Jacob is so funny. He is learning to sign and will sign eat or food all day long. He will run to the pantry if anyone leaves it open and bring me any container that he can’t get open. I found him digging into the raisins the other day and he just sat there eating them on the stool like it was a table. Spring Break!
My cute great-Nephew Dax
Living Planet Aquarium
Matt reading to Jake
Snack Time
Michael and Keaton at Grandma Scott's
Connor is ready to smell like a man
Rollong down and running up the hill at Thanksgiving Point
John showing Nathan how to roll
Connor sitting and reading his blessing aafter it came in the mail
Hope of America
My hopeless American
Ice Cream at Sub Zero after Hope of America

No comments:

Post a Comment