Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a crazy weekend it has been. Last week, after returning from Park City, I washed clothes so that they could be packed up and sent with Nana, along with 4 out of 5 kids. With things so crazy around here for the past few months, I begged my mother-in-law to take the kids for a few days so that I could get a handle on my house. I spent the next two days packing up clothes that don't fit or were the wrong season. I moved furniture with the help of John, rearranged rooms, put up new shelves, emptied closets, organized toys, and sold John's car! I am sure I am missing plenty that we did, but you get the idea. We got so much done, and still had so much to do when the kids were dropped off on Saturday evening. There is no way I could have gotten so much done with them here. I am so grateful for family that is willing to help me with my kids and enjoys having them over.
Saturday night our neighborhood had a movie outside and I took the 4 big kids to watch Tangled under the stars. Michael was so cute pointing and showing me the stars. The best part was when the credits started rolling and Michael got up and dance on cue, just like he does at home. I took Matt and Mikey home and let the bigger boys stay for the next movie. It was after 11 and I still had things to do at home! I actually had to run to the market and pick up baby food, and when I got home, Nathan was on the couch but Connor had gone back to the movie. Finally, at just before 2am the worry really set in and I went and got him. The show was still going! Connor understood my concern and came without a fight. What a great kid!
Monday the 4th, was so much fun! We went to a neighborhood party and the kids had a blast. There was bounce houses, jousting, Sumo suits, cotton candy, mini train rides, dunk tank, food, and an old fashion soda machine (that was one of the kids' favorite things). It was so fun to see people that I haven't seen for months because we are in different wards and we have all be hibernating for the winter. We have such a great neighborhood, I just love it here!
The night of the 4th was so much fun. Well, at least the part after trying to get Michael to poop on the potty for 2 hours. That part was not fun and a whole other story. Anyway, this year they legalized fireworks that you can shot high in the air and it was so fun to sit in the driveway and watch fireworks all around us. We also got to watch the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from the sidewalk. It just doesn't get any better than that!
Well, the holidays are over and now it is back to life. Feeding and entertaining 5 kids 24/7! It was great while it lasted, but I am grateful that I have this crazy family to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment