Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekly Update 3-26-2012

I made the boys a special invitation to tell them about going to the movie
Yummy!
I guess he didn't want to get in trouble for coming up

Michael loves puzzles
Egg Hunt






Sloppy Joe
This is the night we've waited for...Family Night!

Our Crazy Family!

Flags by Connor
I got to be crafty this week at Karen’s house. She did a darling workshop where we made Birthday and Thank You cards, that I will be handing all out in the next few days. I have a lot of people to thank with all the help I have been getting from friends and neighbors. I also got to have my colonoscopy on Thursday. The procedure itself was not that bad, but the prep-day before was the hard part. The colonoscopy turned out fine. Nothing was found so they decided I should go back for an endoscopy. Fine by me, it just means I get to get sedated again! Friday John and I went out for yogurt with our neighbors the Burr’s and had a fun time getting to know them better. Saturday was the Ward breakfast and Egg hunt. Connor helped Jakey so I could take pictures and there were no tears, so I consider it a pretty successful morning! My mom had a little bit of a pity party (just a rough day with my dad), so I called and asked her if she wanted to go to the new City Center mall in downtown Salt Lake Saturday afternoon. It was so crazy busy because it had just opened up on Thursday! It was a little too overwhelming for me and I just wanted to leave. I look forward to going back and actually enjoying it when it isn’t quite so busy.

John was amazing and took the day off of work so that he could take me to my appointment and take care of things as I was preparing for the procedure the night before and morning of. John did some phone calls that needed to be done and after running errands (It was payday after all) he took the boys to a premier of The Hunger Games. Our neighbor called a few days ago and asked if John and I would like to go. Being that is was the day of my procedure, I asked if I could send John and Connor. I then remembered that Nathan had just finished the book and would love to go too. I was able to get them 3 tickets and the boys went to ta 9pm show, getting them home close to midnight! I would have liked to have gone, but I thought it would be more special for the boys, because they had all read the book and I had not. We had Family Night at Grandpa and Grandma McKenzie’s house last night. We (us and the Duggars) brought dinner and we shared a lesson that John and Debbie had left with us before they went on their mission. We celebrated Connor’s Birthday with a big Chocolate cake and presents. It was a nice evening, and after Jacob helped rearrange the breakables, it was time to go. (I was exhausted!) Sorry Grandma for leaving you to find your decorations.

Connor – This weekend Connor decided that he wanted to make some flags for the game, Capture the Flag. He told John what supplies he needed at the hardware store and paid for them and then Saturday night he went to Wal-Mart with me and bought the fabric. They turned out fantastic and he even got to use them today with his friends. Everyone thought they were pretty cool, me included! We take Connor to his Cardiologist appointment this Thursday after my procedure. I am anxious to find out what is going on. He has been doing pretty well on his fluids, so we should be able to rule that out by then, hopefully!

Nathan – The boys were so excited to put the trampoline together that as soon as John gave the okay on Friday, Nate was out there getting it put up. He and Matt got the mat and springs put on without any help. They couldn’t jump on it until Saturday after John put up the fence and pads. They have been out there ever since. I love it! Nate read some cooking instructions wrong last week and about set the smoke alarms off. He put some pizza rolls in the microwave for 12 minutes! We started to smell them at 6, and I had Connor run them outside while I opened windows and fanned the kitchen. The pizza folls and plate were a total loss. Nathan also thought he was pretty clever when we had Sloppy Joes for dinner and he made “Sloppy Joe”. He is such a funny kid and makes us all laugh!

Matthew – Matthew is really having a hard time at dinner these days. He says he doesn’t like whatever it is that I have made and will whine and cry until he is the last one at the table and then will end up eating it all. It is so frustrating! John overheard him say “Finally, mom made something good for dinner!” That was the night of Sloppy Joes and chips!

Michael – Michael gets to play with so many different friends, it is just great! He got to play at Will’s on Monday, School on Tuesday and Thursday, Keaton Wednesday (and almost every day), Brady Thursday while I was at the doctor, and Friday at Tad’s! He has so much fun and will ask for his different friends. He has been having fun playing Transformers with Keaton this past week and riding bikes outside. While Michael was with Lori at the school (Tad’s mom) he told her and another friend, for no apparent reason, that “My mom doesn’t eat food anymore.” Poor kid has to watch me fast or limit my food and doesn’t understand the difference between not eating and eating differently than him.

Jacob – Jakey got to have a play date with my friend Dawn on Thursday. She said he did great and I hope she isn’t just saying that so I don’t feel guilty for leaving him with her last minute. He is such a busy body and loves to tease. I am looking for shoes for him so he can go outside and ride the lion bike with the rest of the boys. Jakey had fun at the egg hunt and was quite happy with just one egg. Connor got him a few more and he just sat and played while the “hunt” was going on around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment