Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekly Update

Nate's reading spot
Breakfast noodle
So Helpful

Big kid


My in-laws are now in Africa and I am going to try my best to update this each week so that they can know what we are up to.

Connor-Almost everyday Connor will come home and say, "No homework!" I never know if he is telling the truth but his grade sure prove that he is doing the work. Connor got straight A's (Just 2 A-'s) this term. That is a 3.925! I am so proud for him and the effort that he is putting in to his schooling. The best part is that he did this all on his own. There was no late night procrastination that we had to help him with, he did it! The other night he and I had a good talk about trying to see each others prospective. I love that Connor is still coming to us and shares his life with us. He has been keeping a journal and will share it with us on occasion. He is a great kid!

Nathan-After having his hammock chair on the floor in his room for the past 5 or more months. we FINALLY got it hung in his room this week. It is a nice little place for him to sit and read for the 80 minutes a day that he is doing for the Jazz read-a-thon. When Nathan is not reading he is inventing something amazing with Lego. The things he comes up with are so detailed and original. I just can't imagine what is going on in the smart little head of his. Nathan's art is fantastic as well and was even asked by his teacher to do the front cover of the class book.

Matthew-Matthew is such a loving little boy. He tries so hard to do good and it sometimes ends up smacking him in the face. That smack usually comes from his brother Michael who is just a little to independent for his own good. Matthew has improved on his reading skills a lot. He reads with more expression and stops and follows the punctuation.

Michael-This kid is so busy and has so much energy! I wish he could give me an ounce of the energy that he has. I have not been feeling so great and Michael has been going to play with friends a lot more that usually. Last week he went with my friend Lori to play with her boys and when she brought him home she had dinner for me. They had gone to Good Earth and picked up tortillas made of brown rice so that I could eat them. When Michael started telling me about what he did with his friends, he told me that they went to "Good Planet"! He was so excited. Michael also likes to eat a "Breakfast noodle" each morning as he calls it. It's really a toaster strudel.

Jacob-Jakey is getting so big! He is standing on his own, clapping, waving and pushing things around. His biggest push this week was the ironing board across the kitchen. Don't worry, there was no iron on top. Jake loves to help me reorganize the Tupperware lid cabinet and kids cup drawer. He is so close to walking and so content to sit and turn in circles.

John and I have been working hard to get our house in order. I was able to speak to my old ward this last week about doing just that, I loved it and now know what I want to be when I grow up! John posted a bunch of stuff on KSL and sold almost $150 on Saturday. He has been amazing at getting the garage and storage rooms organized and finding more space in our house. He has been patching holes and finishing up projects like Nate's chair. I did another Thirty-One party. It was great to have a reason to get up and get out of the house. I did pay the price for so many outings. I was pretty weak Friday and Saturday and didn't make it to church Sunday. I hope to get result from the rest of the tests this week and have some more answers on my health issues. I am grateful for the support of my family and friends and all they are doing for me and my family right now.
Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment