Sunday, January 22, 2012

Not much has changed

I was hoping by now I could report that I was feeling so much better. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I have really been feeling the effects of the low iron since I can't eat anything to give me temporary energy until the iron kicks in. I have lost at least 6 pounds, which would be great if it was because I was working out and getting into shape, not because I eat next to nothing! It would be a lot easier if I was work on one thing at a time. The hardest part is the constant fatigue that I feel each day.
I have been blessed with great friends and neighbors that have brought me delicious food that either my family or myself can eat. They have taken Michael for play dates, and called just to check up on me. I have been very tired and weak, not wanting to do much at all. I feel a lot like I do when I am pregnant, but at least then I have a reason and I feel a little bit justified for sleeping all the time.
The food has been fine. As long as I eat the same things and drink lots of water. My meals consist of one to two eggs for breakfast, (that is after I take my 5 fiber pills on an empty stomach, than 2 cleanse pills half hour later, and then I can eat a half hour after that!)I take about 7 pills with breakfast and by that time I am pretty full. Lunch has been some yummy food friends have brought over, kabobs, fajitas, or a spinach salad with a dressing that I can eat that I made. between lunch and dinner I take 2 more pills, then half hour before dinner I will take 2 more cleanse pills. Dinner is usually a modified meal I am making the family, I will have meatballs and brown rice with steamed veggies, while they will have sweet and sour meatballs, white rice, fruit and steamed veggies. I even made my own ziti with marinara sauce, brown rice noodles and plain yogurt. Just before bed I will have 3 more pills and water. If I need a snack during the day I will grab a handful of almonds and drink more water. Not bad, it would be a whole lot better if I could have fruit though. I do miss having a little sweet treat.
Last week I had not made any mistakes for 3 whole days! (sometimes it's hard to remember what I can eat, like spraying the pan with canola oil, when it should be olive oil! technicalities!) Friday I told John I wanted to go out and we went to Iggy's and had a burger with onion rings and fries and a Butterfinger for something sweet. I couldn't even eat the whole thing which is not normal for me. (I did however eat the whole Butterfinger.) I got a horrible headache that lasted 2 days and that night I felt like my heart was racing! I have been back on track and back to feeling sick and tired.
I put calls in to two different doctors, requesting the blood tests that I need to check the shape of my blood cells. I hope to hear back Monday and get test and results this week. I really want to move forward with getting my spleen removed if that is what I need to do to get better. Twelve years is a long time to deal with the fatigue and weakness. I want to be the mom that I want to be. I want to be active and enjoy the summer with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment