Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dear random person at Costco who asked, "How did something so big come out of something so little?",


First of all, that "big something" is my sweet, happy 9 month old baby and that "little something" is his mother!
Second of all, he was not that big when he was born, and I was not that little either.
Third, You really want to know how?, Well, he was cut out of me 3 weeks early because if I would have gone into labor, we would have both died and left a Dad and 4 sad boys to grieve the loss of their mother/wife and brother.
And Lastly, I want to thank you for noticing us and saying something, because that means we are here. That means my cute, chubby, happy baby boy is here for me to take care of and love. That means I am here to care for, nurture and love him and the rest of my beautiful family.
So to you, random lady at Costco, and to all those that comment on my "fat Baby", keep it coming.
With all my Love, Jamie

3 comments:

  1. I've walked out of Costco with my Autism kiddo more than once crying over what somebody said to me there about him. I don't know what the deal is with the people who shop at Costco and their need to speak their mind to people. Your little guy is adorable Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy is super delicious. I love the pudge, I hope for the pudge on all my babies. And you are tiny- that lady may have meant her comment as a compliment to you (?). I had a few people slam on Noah when he was a baby because he was the Michelin man, when I was rejoicing he was so healthy after having Gabriel who was 'failure to thrive' and skin and bones for his first 2 years. And Jenna, I don't know you, but I am right there with you. Only I don't cry, I get mad and say snarky things I shouldn't. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete