Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School - The most wonderful time of the year!


I can't believe what a difference being back into a routine has made in this last week. The big boys started school August 23 and the day seemed so long. We get up at 7am, get dressed, have breakfast and prayer and they are all out the door between 7:45 and 7:50. Then its just me and the two younger boys until they return between 2:30 and 3pm. Michael is so fun to be with when he can just be himself. He is doing better with Jacob and doing better with obeying. He will clean up when he is asked, eats better and is even potty trained! (for the most part)

Connor started 8th grade this year. He has grown up so much in the last year. He is less than an inch shorter than me now! I have been preparing a photo album on the computer and it is amazing to see how mature he has become. Don't get me wrong, he is still 13, but Connor is so much fun and really has a great personality. He is pretty darn handsome too, if I do say so myself!

Nathan is in 5th Grade. He was nervous in the beginning when he saw who his teacher was, but everyday I ask how school was and he says, "Great!" He loves his teacher and class. He has a few friends in there, but not a lot, so hopefully that will keep him focused and not get too goofy. Nate has a super fun, magnetic personality. He is clever, and has a quick wit about him. Nathan helped pick out some of his clothes this year and I have been very impressed with his style. He always looks so put together and he's not too bad to look at either! ;)

Matthew started 2nd grade with a brand new teacher to the school. Her name is Mrs. Staples, and when Nathan heard that, he said, "That was easy". She even has an easy button on her desk, ha ha! Matt has a ton of good friends in his class this year including Josh and Gavin from the neighborhood. Matthew is still my sweet little guy. He has lots of energy and and makes friends easy. His dimple will melt your heart, and if that doesn't do it, just look into those beautiful hazel eyes and he will charm you no doubt!
I love my boys and I love to have them around, but it is so great to have them back in school and back on a schedule. I never thought I would be one of "those moms" that could hardly wait for school to start, but this year, I was that mom. I am sure I will be wishing it was summer in a few months, but until then, I am going to get my house clean and take a few midday, gilt-free naps!
We went to pick up the boys from school but by the time we left (Michael wanted to ride his scooter, bad idea), they were already well on their way back.

After having ice cream and talking about their day (first day of school tradition) Nathan got right to work on his homework assignment!

Michael was so happy to see Connor come home too! We did not try to go meet him at the bus stop.

Matthew's new school clothes did not arrive until after the first day, so he got to wear his new clothes the second day of school. I thought Nathan was looking pretty slick too.

No comments:

Post a Comment