Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Blender!


So I have always (okay, maybe not always, but for a long time) wanted a nice blender, but could never justify buying a new one when I had one that worked. Well, three weeks ago my blender broke and I promptly threw it in the garbage and hopped onto the Blendtec website to see when they would be coming to a Costco near me! I was thrilled to see that they would be in Lehi the first week in August, but was not willing to wait that long, so I drove down to Orem and to get it the first chance I could. I had to wait a week but it was well worth the wait. I must say, I felt some what like a groupie, watching all the demos and tasting all the amazing things they blended into smoothie goodness. Then it was time for me to choose and color. That was the hardest part! I had already committed to paying the huge price tag, but picking the right color for my blender was like picking one of my kids names! I mean, this blender was going to be with me for a long time and I had to make the right choice or I would have to live with the consequences for the rest of it's life (which by the way is for at least the 7 year life of the warranty). I weighed all my options, Black-no too trendy, White-I do want a white kitchen next, but will it be more of a cream white, or Red-fun, different, I'll take IT! I stuck that blender in my cart and never looked back. I have been blending ever since! Smoothies, Ice Cream, shakes, baby food, Green Drink, hummus! I use it at least twice a day and I just love it! All the KSL, garage selling and saving was worth it! Smoothie anyone?

5 comments:

  1. How much was it? Mine broke last Friday and I told Justin I wanted a good blender for our anniversary. ha ha... lame, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not lame! Did you READ my post? lol I pretty much love it! Maybe you should call me and we can talk numbers! But let me remind you, it is worth the money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blender is the greatest ever made and I use it at least once a day. The difference between a good one and a great one is immense.

    Now that I know you are making hummus regularly, I need to get more phone calls. I have lots of yummy fresh stuff in my garden to add if you get the inclination...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be inclined! In fact, maybe I will make some today! I hope you aren't saying that my blender is just "good", because I am pretty sure a good blender could not have made that "Great" hummus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it? That is one purchase I have not for one second ever regretted. It did sort of keep Noah alive for his first six years when he couldn't eat solid foods, so it's basically family now.

    ReplyDelete